Positions vacant at the College are advertised in The Illawarra Mercury, The Sydney Morning Herald and Teachers.on.net.
St Mary’s College is a Good Samaritan Catholic girls’ school for Years 7-12.
The College encourages innovation and creativity and aims to produce graduates who have 21st century knowledge and skills and who are socially just and caring people.
Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to support the College’s Catholic ethos.
Working with children
All applicants must complete a Working with Children Check
Under the WWCC system the person who is going to be involved in child-related work will need to apply through the NSW Government agency to receive their own ‘clearance’ for child-related work.
Please use the following link for details on obtaining a new check http://www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au/
All teaching applicants must provide the following documents:
- Appropriate application for teaching form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts: original documents (if applying in person) or certified copies (if posting, faxing or emailing application)
- Final practicum report if a New Scheme teacher.
- Applications will only be processed once all paperwork has been received
Essential criteria for teaching positions
- Possess a deep understanding and commitment to the mission and purpose of an all‐girl Catholic College embracing the Good Samaritan and Benedictine tradition.
- Strong knowledge of curriculum including appropriate teaching qualifications and accreditation.
- An ability and interest in the integration of ICT to supplement and support education in the classroom.
- Well‐developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the holistic approach to education which challenges the creativity, initiative and ability of each student.
- Willingness to operate within the Pastoral Care framework of the College.