The College offers students many exciting experiences that continue to develop their academic, social and personal well-being during their senior years.
Students are given every opportunity to showcase their talents in a wide variety of contexts and to be academically successful. The learning environment of the college is built on quality relationships and academic care and allows students the freedom and security to grow and develop. These conditions are very much a part of St Mary's, an all girls Catholic school.
St Mary's offers students many opportunities to pursue subjects that they enjoy and in which they can succeed.
Religion and English are compulsory courses. Students can then choose additional subjects which contribute to a minimum of 12 units in Year 11.
Students are encouraged to maintain at least 11 units through to the HSC.
2021 Subject Selections - Annaliese Phipps
2021 Subject Selections – Rayan Hadaya
2021 Subject Selections – Tess Ryan
- English (Standard, Advanced), or
- English Studies (optional ATAR)
- Studies of Religion (1 unit or 2 units), or
- Studies in Catholic Thought (1 unit non-ATAR)
Board Developed Courses
- Business Studies
- Community and Family Studies
- Design and Technology
- English Extension (1 & HSC Extension 2)
- Food Technology
- French (Beginners and Continuers, HSC French Extension)
- History (Ancient, Modern, HSC Extension)
- Indonesian (Beginners, Continuers, HSC Extension)
- Industrial Technology (Multimedia Industries)
- Italian (Beginners, Continuers, HSC Extension)
- Investigating Science
- Legal Studies
- Mathematics Advanced
- Mathematics Extension (1 & HSC 2)
- Mathematics Standard (HSC 1 or 2)
- Music (1, 2 and HSC Extension)
- HSC Science Extension
- Society and Culture
- Textiles and Design
- Visual Arts
Vocational Education and Training (VET) Courses
- Certificate II in Business (Business Services)
- Statement of Attainment towards Certificate III in Fitness (non-ATAR)
- Certificate II Hospitality (Kitchen Operations)
- Certificate III in Live Production and Services (Entertainment Industry)
Content Endorsed Courses (non-ATAR)
these are available as 1 unit or 2 unit courses
- Exploring Early Childhood
- Marine Studies
- Photography, Video and Digital Imaging
- Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation
- Visual Design
- Work Studies
Distance education courses and eVET/TVET
Please contact our Post-School Advisor for further details.